Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Baby Got A Boo-Boo...


Sunday afternoon, we were just relaxing on the couch and the kids were playing upstairs, when out of the clear blue sky, Kaiden starts screaming in pain. He was walking down the stairs and slipped on a toy that his brother didn't put away. We knew instantly that something wasn't right. You see, Kaiden broke his left leg at Eastertime last year while playing Soccer with his brothers, so we are getting to be experts in the field of childhood injuries. I took him up to the walk-in clinic, and it was like deja-vu, I swear! Same nurse, same doctor, same x-ray tech, same verdict: fractured tibia. Only this time it was the right instead of the left. We're still very cautiously answering our front door -- we're expecting a visit from CPS anytime now.

So our lives have been filled with "Mommy, my yeg hoots willy willy bad", "Daddy, I need a deent", Mommy, nunnle me", "Daddy, hold me", "Mommy, I need meditin for my yeg". Needless to say, we're exhausted -- it's like having a 25 lb newborn that can talk.

There is one plus about this situation, though. When life is going as usual, with work and school and homework and sports and so on and so on, parents tend to feel overworked and underappreciated. But being able to be home with our baby, taking care of his every need (and want...) has been such a blessing. Knowing that he doesn't want anyone but Mommy and Daddy and hearing those countless 'I yuv you's makes it all worthwhile.

2 comments:

Webster Family said...

Yeah!!!!! Now I can keep better tabs on you and your family! It looks really cute! My kids are still sicklings, and I am beyond a worry wart. I don't know how you do the whole nurse thing, I would be a nervous wreck....constantly. Keep in touch....Candace

camery said...

Hello!
Welcome to the blogging world! I'm so happy you took Candace's advice. If you don't mind, I'll add you as a link on my page!
Yes, I am in town. Probably for a little longer than I think! Let me know what your schedule is like and maybe we can figure out a way to visit next week.
Camery