Saturday, March 22, 2008

Bye Bye Cast!





The cast is gone!!! Finally, after 6 long weeks, Kaiden is cast-free. He is slowly but surely re-learning how to walk like a normal kid. Right now, his gait resembles that of a pirate with a wooden leg.

The whole cast-removal procedure was quite traumatic this go-round -- I'm not exactly sure why. (He's had enough practice...) Our regular doctor had the day off, so his partner - also a good friend of mine - did the dirty deed. The cast saw is harmless to skin, but is really noisy and cuts by vibration, so I guess I can understand why he freaked out so much. I'm sure the patients in nearby rooms thought we were cutting his leg off. You could probably hear him screaming at the entrance to the clinic! Nevertheless, we survived, and the x-rays look good. We're crossing our fingers that this is his last cast for a long while!

2 comments:

camery said...

Oh, he looks so sad! I still think that was one of the coolest little casts I've ever seen!

Marchant Mayhem said...

YAH!

I love that you have a blog!!

thanks for finding me and posting

Your boys are sooooo cute!

poor guy... we haven't had to deal with any broken bones yet (knock on wood) but Tanner's taken to climbing tree's now so.... it might just be a matter of time.. ha

ok.. now I get to go read the rest of your blog!

Randi